- Manage inland transport of containers by:
- Analyzing routing options to ensure the most cost-effective route based on bill of lading requirements, budget, service delivery, and driver/equipment availability.
- Prioritizing the dispatch of containers to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Negotiating rates with drivers, and setting schedules.
- Ensuring compliance with Company guidelines, and State/Federal laws and regulations governing safety and capacity issues (i.e. Hours of Service, GVW).
- Manage driver fleet, including communicating company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, monitor performance against standards, and recommend corrective action to management.
- Authorize equipment drops, monitor container idling, and consolidate shipments, as needed.
- Coordinate and problem solve pick-ups and deliveries with drivers, partner carriers, rail operators and port operators.
- Meet financial targets for productivity and profitability.
- Meet customer’s satisfaction goals.
- Ensure that shipping and billing data is tracked appropriately and promptly.
- Maintain technical and professional proficiency in operational and customer service requirements.
- Recruit and contract drivers to meet business level requirements.
- Counsel and Terminate contracts of owner operators not compliant with the organizations SOP’s.
- Administer random and monthly tractor inspections, log audits, and drug screening to company standard.
- Manage driver’s trip reports and ensure fuel receipts are compliant to the company standard.
- Manage accident investigation procedures in accordance with the company policy.
- Perform other job related duties required by management.
We are looking for
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 – 5 years of transportation, dispatch or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills must be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in problem-solving and application of judgment to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Work and Outlook.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Pasadena