Logistics done differently.
Here at XPO Logistics, we’re recruiting for an Assistant Finance Manager on a full-time, permanent basis to join our site in Stoke for our customer, M&S. You’ll support the Finance Manager in leading our finance function whilst building strong working relationships with the operational teams on site.
Ideally, you’ll be qualified in your studies and be comfortable working closely with the operations teams on site. You’ll also have support from the wider finance teams across the business unit with reporting and analysis.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £35,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Support the Finance Manager in the management of all accounts and all financial work streams across the site
- Produce management accounts including profit and loss, balance sheets, and KPI reporting using your excellent IT skills
- Prepare and present data to the business and customer as required, focusing on the needs of the customer whilst building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Lead, coach and develop a small team, taking responsibility for their personal development and wellbeing
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- You’ll be qualified in CIMA/ACCA or equivalent – we want people to progress in their career so we are happy to put you through other qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a logistics, supply chain or warehousing environment
- Be confident and able to communicate at all levels and challenge stakeholders
- Proven experience of managing a small team
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.