All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We’ll give you all the responsibility you need to develop yourself as an adaptable leader; with plenty of challenges to keep your career growing. If you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! In addition, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
The Shift Manager role reports to the Operations Manager and leads and manages all aspects of the daily shift operation in a cost effective and productive manner. The Shift Manager will be responsible for ensuring that service is in line with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicator targets. This key leadership role will also effectively manage all colleagues on the shift to ensure all Customer expectations are achieved.
- Lead and manage the warehousing operation for the shift ensuring the effective and accurate sortation of goods.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in line with company policies in safe and proactive manner
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI’s, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement.
- Provide a shift summary and handover record with any exceptions detailed and actioned.
Essential criteria for this role
- Previous experience in the logistics or distribution industry
Additional information on this role
If you have previous experience of managing teams in fast-paced mail/distribution environments and have the ambition to develop your leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!