DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centres. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Air Freight Operations Manager to oversee timely and accurate movement of airfreight shipments and documentation. This position will be based at our JFK, NY location.
- Responsible for Air Freight product profitability including continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduces waste, and improve performance to our customers
- Manages and controls all ground cost margins and prepares monthly activity / revenue reports. Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
- Leads all related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and other related customer service functions
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, and the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assists in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility
- Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff. Maintains employee records and completes yearly employee performance reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience with freight forwarding airfreight experience required, both import and export preferred
- 2+ years’ leadership experience required
- P&L management and reporting experience required
- BA/BS preferred
- Working knowledge of TSA requirements strongly preferred
- CargoWise (CW1) experience is a plus
- Dangerous Goods / Hazmat certification a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.