We have an exciting opportunity for a Airfreight Manager – Perishables who will be responsible for the management of a dedicated business group responsible for handling and movement of international shipments of perishable and life science commodities.This position will be based in Chicago, IL.
- Full responsibility for the handling and movement of international shipments of perishable and life science commodities (frozen food additives, chemical products, pharmaceuticals, or other temperature controlled commodities)
- Oversee and manage all import and exports of said commodities via air or ground services to our customers
- Responsible for leading, hiring, coaching, training, performance management, and developing staff; as well as scheduling of daily activities
- Drive completion of standard operating procedures and end to end flow between departments (warehouse, gateway, and carriers)
- Working with customer formatted corrective action plans and movement plans.
Skills / Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience within Freight Forwarding industry; 2+ years of leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of the movement of perishable goods by air and ground
- Knowledge of US FDA and other government agency protocols
- Demonstrated personal leadership skills; team management skills, including Coaching/Developing people
- Dangerous Goods certification is a plus
- CargoWise software experience a plus
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean methodologies preferred; very strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to recognize process deviations and propose corrective actions
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications
- BA/BS degree preferred
DHL is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees.At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.