We have an exciting opportunity for an Airfreight Manager to oversee timely and accurate movement of air export/ import shipments and documentation.This position will be based at our San Francisco, CA (SFO) facility.
- Responsible for Air Freight product profitability including continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduces waste, and improve performance to our customers
- Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff.
- Maintains employee records and completes yearly employee performance reviews
- Assists in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, and the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Leads related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and other related customer service functions
- Supervise and control ground cost margins and prepares monthly activity / revenue reports.
- Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
Skills / Qualifications
- 6+ years’ experience in airfreight freight forwarding required
- 3+ years’ airfreight leadership experience required, export leadership preferred
- CargoWise software experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- BA/BS preferred