The Airfreight Import Coordinator manages the transportation and compliance of an outbound shipment from pick up to customer billing, ensuring service commitments are achieved and company objectives met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiates the shipment processing and confirms the destination leg routing and tracking events
• Ensures that customers are properly setup in company CRM system (i.e. POA, credit application, customer billing profiles…etc)
• Sets up estimated cost and revenue charges based on customer quotations or established contract rates
• Sends customer pre-alerts after confirmed arrival at the final port of discharge
• Ensures that all commercial documentation required for import customs clearance purposes are available and coordinates with both external and internal parties in case of discrepancies
• Pays terminal charges and confirms AMS information and customs clearance status
• Schedules and monitors airport transfers and request delivery to the final consignee
• Creates broker arrival notices for internal or external broker
• Completes customer and intercompany billing as well as coordinates billing discrepancies
• Archives all shipment related documents
• Contributes to implementation of department procedures to maximize productivity
• Assigns tasks as required to internal departments
• Confirms the availability and validity of customer spot or contract rates including routing and directs all rate inquiries to the pricing department when applicable
• Monitors, assigns, and ensures the resolution of any accounts payable issues within area of responsibility
• Identifies and communicates potential customer leads to Sales
• Performs credit check prior to arranging transportation
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
• Organizational skills
• Time management and prioritization
• Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
• Interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
• Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to stand, and walk
• Regularly required to sit for extended periods
• Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
• Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
• Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar to those of an office setting with various office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.