The Airfreight Export Gateway Coordinator will be the primary contact for all gateway related inquiries. Coordinates product shipments ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review current export volumes and routings to determine requirements and carrier capacity
• Arranges carrier bookings for consolidated and B2B back shipments in the case of special requirements such as hazardous and oversized shipments
• Creates consolidation schedules and sets up master file systematically
• Confirms that all consolidated shipments meet regulatory requirements for export
• Follows up across multiple offices to confirm availability of allocated freight
• Coordinates final space requirements with carriers
• Prepares airline regulated documentation and labeling
• Creates load plan for cross-dock operations
• Creates and maintains lock out sheet for airline transfers
• Processes internal billing for gateway services
• Pre-alerts various international locations on the expected flight details and advises of any un-scheduled transit delays
• Updates shipment movement milestones from carrier receipt to arrival at the final port of discharge
• Analyzes service failures and develops, presents and implements actions to ensure client satisfaction based on company standards
• Ensures quality and timeliness of external and internal performance metrics and reporting
• Recommends and implements standard operating procedures to maximize productivity
• Assigns tasks as required to internal departments
• Perform other duties as assigned
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
• High School Diploma or GED
• One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry required
• Six months to one year experience in airfreight export required
• Completion of any industry related course is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES
• Organizational skills
• Time management and prioritization
• Adaptable / flexible to high-pressured environment
• Interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet
• Proficient in world geography, shipping documentation, and Incoterms preferred
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, and other percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Frequently required to stand, and walk
• Regularly required to sit for extended periods
• Regularly uses arms to reach, hands and fingers for computer and phone use
• Speaking clearly and listening for heavy phone contact
• Requires close-up and computer screen distance vision ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar to those of an office setting with various office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.