- Salary Offer $55,000 - $70,000
We are looking for an Air/Ocean Export Specialist to join a growing organisation and is part of a multi-million dollar Group, within the Houston area, TX, USA.
To provide superior customer service to air/ocean export customers. To process air/ocean export shipments using the Cargowise system and facilitate air/ocean cargo movement.
1. Assist customers on the telephone and through e-mail by acting as the central point of contact between the customer and all LFL departments.
2. Enter air/ocean export shipment data into the CW system and create air/ocean export documentation including MB/L instruction or MAWB, HB/L or HAWB, manifest, invoices, delivery orders and file settlement reports.
3. Communicate with Airline/Carrier or Co-loader and overseas agents regarding shipment details and problem resolution.
4. Communicate with Airline/Carriers to verify export departure information.
5. Update and forward customer shipment tracking reports as required by customers’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
6. Arrange trucking to customer’s warehouses as required by SOP’s.
7. Communicate with freight locations to verify shipment availability.
8. Identify and resolve issues causing delays in air/ocean cargo movement.
9. Communicate with KAM team or Sale term to update customer SOP’s as necessary.
10. Create and forward back up documentation for accounts payable for payments on appropriate A/P posted items.
Describe the knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, education, licenses, and certifications needed for competent performance of the position.
Thorough knowledge of international shipping procedures
Thorough knowledge of airport/port practices and procedures
CargoWise system knowledge and experience
DOT General Awareness training
Basic math abilities
Basic PC skills
IATA/IMDG Hazmat Certification
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUARLIFICATIONS
Education: Associates or bachelor’s degree
A minimum of 2 years of experience in Freight Forwarding operation experience preferred
Effective communication, including writing, speaking and interpersonal communicatio
Quick critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
Excellent customer service and client relations skills
Keep organization and time management skills
Good collaboration and team work abilities
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Advanced data analysis and data visualization
Ability to use computers, software and other technology for inventory and communication purposes
Understanding of the supply chain, including common obstacles and effective solutions
If you feel you have the above experience for this position please contact me at your earliest opportunity so I can present to you the full job specification.
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 3-5