- Salary offer ▵ $55,000/yr - $70,000/yr
About the job
Import / Export Operator | Air & Sea Operator | Import / Export Coordinator | Air & Ocean Operator
We are currently working with our client who are looking for multiple Logistics Coordinators (Import & Export) and (Air & Sea) in Illinois, USA.
Department: Import OR Export (Air OR Sea) Operations
As an Import / Export Operations Coordinator you will be responsible for performing all operations and customer service duties to process the documentation necessary for freight.
Duties & Functions:
- Coordinates with Agents and partners and ensure that all Export shipments are properly documented.
- Sort, process and distribute all documentation for outgoing consolidations and direct shipments.
- Study various modes of transportation to ascertain the most efficient and timely movement of freight for forwarding and collection.
- Negotiate with trucking companies, airlines and shipping lines to obtain rates and guarantee of collection.
- Arrange local collections for customers when appropriate.
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Set up all necessary arrangements indicated on Advance Information for the smooth movement of Export freight.
- Provide quotations in response to customers and internal requests including overseas partners.
- Perform customer service duties with correspondence to customers and overseas partners, e-mails fax, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of customer service policies and procedures to ensure that the service that is being provided is of the appropriate standard and level.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum requirement High School diploma or GED.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use basic math skills to calculate freight, storage and other charges.
Salary $55,000 – $70,000 – Depending on experience