Seeking Entry Level, Intermediate and Senior Level Air Import Representatives that have the ability to provide excellent customer service and process all documents for shipments in compliance with US government regulations.
Duties & responsibilities
Entry Level Representatives
Basic knowledge and usage of operational tools in fulfilling customer service functions, not limited to:
- Computer Function Knowledge – Office tools
- Proper phone etiquette
- Proper understanding and usage of Company’s Operating systems and Air and Transportation requirements
- SMART CARGO
- X-CONTROL / APEX WORKFLOW
- AMS / ACE – US Customs Knowledge
- Truck Management
- Airline, GHA terminal and Warehouse knowledge
- Use and follow account Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors and team members
- Run and Send reports for accounts being handled on time
- Timely invoicing assigned shipments (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable)
- Problem Solving Skills needed when handling assigned accounts
- Understand Incoterms and freight responsibilities
- Review and understand the billing costs and rates and maintain profit in the shipments
- Handle at least 90 files every accounting period
Intermediate Level Representatives
- Perform other related duties not limited to that of Entry Level Air Import Representatives
- Ability to train new team members in accordance to work standard
- Capable of cross training and learning with different accounts within the team
- Able to take multiple tasks and finish on time as per customers’ and company’s requirement
- Able to make decisions in consolidating shipments for truck deliveries to minimize cost and maximize profit
- Able to problem solve when issues arise
- Able to handle 130 files monthly
Senior Level Representatives
- Perform other related duties not limited to that of Entry Level and Intermediate Level Air Import Representatives
- Ability to create, revise and modify SOP to create a smoother and more functional workflow
- Motivate overall team morale
- Ability to share leadership within the team with less supervision required
- Understand, review and revise profit shares based on the air freight weekly costs and trends
- Able to coordinate with both origin and destination offices for space allocation, schedule and rates
- Support local sales booking to delivery
- Able to handle 150+ files monthly
- High School Diploma (Required).
- Associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
- 1-2 years of freight forwarding experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel.
- Proactive attitude and strong time management skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented and well organized.
- Must be a team player, while also able to work independently.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a busy and fast paced environment; able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to learn about freight forwarding / supply chain industry.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Rancho Dominguez