- Manage daily import customs transactions in accordance with regulation guidelines and company policy
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures for import departments
- Establish internal controls for profitable margin accounts, short sales and options
- Research and resolve customer complaints on import service and operational issues
- Assist sales department acquire new accounts
- Ensure accurate and timely service to avoid penalties
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of all customers
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Select and place staff, ensure staff training and define specific job assignments
- Manage staff performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- This is a management position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 4-6 years of related supervisory or management experience.
Our Client is the world’s leading global logistics provider – they support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Their business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
- Application email email@example.com