- Organizes, plans, and facilitates the day-to-day work of a team of Airfreight Import Operations Specialists
- Oversees transactional operations in the receiving area (delivery arrangement, planning and follow-up of shipment in the receiving area)
- Acts as subject matter expert; quickly identifies and resolves any operational issues in a timely manner to ensure quick resolution and customer satisfaction
- Responsible to ensure customer’s needs, requirements, and KPIs are met or exceeded
- Creates, builds and maintains excellent relationships with key suppliers both internal and external
- Continuously monitors supplier performance and develops improvement plans when required
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
- Responsible for planning and executing successful implementation of new customers as well as support sales process and visits as necessary to achieve growth targets
- Drives continuous improvement in process flows for Air Import as well as with the Warehouse and Dispatch work streams
- Responsible for financial budgets and department P&L
- Drives continuous improvement process (CIP) initiatives within area of responsibility
- Supports sales process and customer visits as necessary to achieve growth targets.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- 6+ years Freight Forwarding Import operations experience required, airfreight strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ leadership experience required
- Experience with P&L statements preferred
- Experience using CargoWise software preferred
- DG / Hazmat, temperature-controlled cargo, and FTZ experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Understands basic managerial approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action
- Excellent customer service skills
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Hebron