- Organizes, plans, and facilitates the day-to-day work of a team of Airfreight Import Operations Specialists
- Oversees and Supervises transactional operations in the receiving area (delivery arrangement, planning and follow-up of shipment in the receiving area)
- Acts as subject matter expert; quickly identifies and resolves any operational issues in a timely manner to ensure quick resolution and customer satisfaction
- Responsible to ensure customer’s needs, requirements, and KPIs are met or exceeded
- Creates, builds and maintains excellent relationships with key suppliers both internal and external
- Continuously monitors supplier performance and develops improvement plans when required
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
- Responsible for planning and executing successful implementation of new customers as well as support sales process and visits as necessary to achieve growth targets
- Drives continuous improvement in process flows for Air Import as well as with the Warehouse and Dispatch work streams
- Responsible for financial budgets and department P&L
- Drives continuous improvement process (CIP) initiatives within area of responsibility
- Supports sales process and customer visits as necessary to achieve growth targets.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- 6+ years Freight Forwarding Import operations experience required, airfreight strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ leadership experience required
- Experience with P&L statements preferred
- Experience using CargoWise software a plus
- DG / Hazmat, temperature-controlled cargo, and FTZ experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Understands basic managerial approaches for work direction, motivation, and disciplinary action
- Excellent customer service skills
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.