- Execute orders by confirming arrival times, coordinating with customs brokerage, inputting data, and dispatching deliveries
- Build customer relationships by responding to customer communications via email, fax and mail
- Work with air and ground transportation partners to handle shipments
- Receive and track purchase orders (P.O.s) from Importers/Overseas offices for pending air shipments
- Retrieve shipment details, handle all documentation for cargo release and data entry for each shipment
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from air carriers
- Notify customer /customs broker of arrival and charges due; provide accurate job costing forecast and perform billing to customer and/or other offices
- Setup and coordinate deliveries to the customer
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Additional projects as directed
Skills / Requirements
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Air freight industry experience required
- Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ College Park