- Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments.
- Review contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions.
- Interface with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipments/consolidations.
- Select carrier/forwarder for shipment of products and prepares documents for freight forwarders. Accurately perform all accounting functions related to the billing, distribution and collection of funds for the client’s cargo.
- Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
- Monitor Mawb pre alerts for quick turnaround upon cargo arrival
- Request 1F from import carrier prior to cargo arrival to expedite the recovery process
- Prepare Pickup/Delivery order with required voucher/check for the importer carrier one day prior to cargo arrival
- Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to the Import gateway facility
- Ensure all cargo is received complete and in good order as per Mawb and cargo manifest
- Arrange transfer of cargo and documents to the controlling local branch
- Notify remote branches about shipment arrival
- Work with importing carriers to solve discrepancies
- Ensure all require KPI events are properly recorded in the system
- Follow up with Internal customers to resolve inquires
- Review and issue invoice.
- Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
- Researching and resolving operational problems.
- Create invoice for Import Gateway services The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Assignment Complexity – Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Accountability – Apply job skills and applicable corporate policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks.
Impact of Decisions – Errors detectable upon supervisory review. Limited impact on corporate operations and fiscal health.
Working Relationships – Regularly interact with peers and management concerning matters of moderately complex scope and discretion.
Scope – Work on problems moderately complex in scope. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Requirements: Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is an intermediate level position.
- Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Romulus