Air Freight Pricing Specialist – Elk Grove Village – USA
Responsibilities of the position include
- Supports DACHSER USA to excellent air product performance in profitability, processes, efficiencies, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Negotiates rates with airline partners.
- Provides Network pricing to overseas and US offices with best and most aggressive rates.
- Captures Network quotes into Dachser’s Quotation tool.
- Assists with Tenders/RFQ’s.
- Coordinates the pricing and strategic business development coordination for global and key accounts (tender management support).
- Supports. operational excellence by reviewing, evaluating and implementing procedures and processes throughout the USA offices.
- Assists with daily Ad-hoc quotes.
- Follows up with quoted quotes (within the follow up date).
- Works with local and corp sales to negotiate rates.
- Supports and works with inside sales and outside sales team to achieve competitive rates to gain business.
- Works closely with GATEWAYs to ensure that the rates are set up and in place according to the routing.
- Assures Air product goals/targets, guidelines and commitments are met and followed within the USA region.
- Promotes the gateway operation in the USA region.
- Maintains and develops preferred Airfreight carriers’ relationship and support.
- Represents the USA in the core carrier program.
- Supports and enforces effective Air product procedures in the USA.
- Ensures regulatory compliance (AES, TSA, Export licensing).
- Enforces corporate compliance to company directives, including preferred air carrier program.
- Provides Sales guidance and training in the Air product when needed.
- Provides support and guidance for all domestic transportation requirements on pricing, set up and operational requirements.
- Participates in market development and trend analysis for the USA region.
- Suggests adjustment of policies as required based on market trends and development.
Requirements of the position include
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 7+ years of business related experience with 5+ years in a management or leadership role.
- Keen knowledge of Air transportation processes and procedures, as well as excellent understanding of international transportation and logistics operations.
- Stellar analytical skills with the ability to process and understand large quantities of data.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results driven with a passion for Quality.
- Performs well under stress and with tight deadlines.
- Team player with the desire and ability to work closely with other functional disciplines.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
Payment frequency ▵
Salary currency ▵
Job town/city ▵
Elk Grove Village