- Responsible for Air Freight product profitability including continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduces waste, and improve performance to our customers
- Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff.
- Maintains employee records and completes yearly employee performance reviews
- Assists in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, and the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Leads related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and other related customer service functions
- Supervise and control ground cost margins and prepares monthly activity / revenue reports.
- Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in air export freight forwarding required. Both import and export experience preferred
- 2+ years’ airfreight leadership experience required
- CargoWise software experience preferred
- P&L experience preferred
- Experience with gateways and consolidations a plus
- DG/Hazmat and TSA regulations experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- BA/BS preferred
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ San Diego