DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an Air Freight Manager to oversee timely and accurate movement of air export/ import shipments and documentation.This position will be based at our Redondo Beach, CA. facility, however we will be moving to Torrance, CA at the beginning of 2021.
- Responsible for Air Freight product profitability and performance including continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduces waste, and improve performance to our customers
- Manages and controls all ground cost margins and prepares monthly P&L activity / revenue reports.Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
- Leads all related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and other related customer service functions
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, and the achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assists in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility
- Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff.Maintains employee records and completes yearly employee performance reviews
Skills / Qualifications:
- 15+ years freight forwarding airfreight experience with 8+ years of supervisory experience
- Extensive expertise and knowledge of the logistics / supply chain industry (especially Air Freight)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- BA/BS preferred
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility