As anAir Export Specialistyou will be responsible for the movement of our customer’s air export shipments. You will be the main point of contact for coordination between customer’s shipment exports, customs brokers, and shipping carriers.This position will be based at our Miami, FL location.
- Completes coordination between all applicable parties for all air export shipments for our customers; ensures timely bookings with airline on customer behalf
- Prepares export documentation, including entry into Logis Air, in accordance to country requirements as well as the preparation of Certificate of Origin, Cargo Manifest, NAFTA Certificate, Airway Bill and any other documents required by the customer
- Compliant filing of AES (automated electronic system) export customs
- Responsible for timely completion of export documents and coordinate with both customer and/or warehouse for timely delivery of cargo
- Communicates regularly with customer in regards to customer’s shipment status as well as continuous communication with overseas to meet delivery commitments; follow-up with airline to monitor and track departure and arrival information and updates
- Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timeframe consistent with company policy.
- Ensure customer profiles are accurate and updated
Skills / Requirements:
- Must have previous air export experience in a logistics/freight forwarding industry
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Logis Air / Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus