Position Description Summary
Responsible for direction and management of export sales and service activities at station level or an assigned area.
- Oversee and manage all export related activities in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Support sales department to develop and maintain export revenues
- Negotiate and monitor export rates and services to reduce operating costs and increase profitability
- Research and resolve customer complaints on export sales, service and operational issues
- Audit and research service performance issues and develop recommendation for improvement
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Select and place staff, ensure staff training and define specific job assignments
- Manage staff performance to ensure required level of productivity and organizational objectives are met
- Utilize effective communication skills / methods with internal and external customers The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is a management position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 2-4 years of related supervisory/management and export/international experience.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Plainfield