DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services.
As an Air Export Gateway Supervisor you will be responsible for supervising the day to day activities in the Air Gateway, scheduling consolidations, managing vendors, issue staff performance reviews and support the Air Freight product in the US and Overseas. Supervise the daily activities of all operational functions ensuring client satisfaction is successfully achieved and company policies adhered to with the goal of maximizing profitability for the company.
- Ensures execution of AFR procurement strategy in gateway
- Supervises and drives performance of AFR Export Gateway Team
- Supervise day to day operation of the gateway
- Manages capacity, local allocations and maintenance of rates
- Ensures adherence to global decisions (e.g. process, carrier strategy)
- Is responsible for optimizing network procurement and consolidation opportunities
- Ensures continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies , reduce waste and improve performance to our customers
- Negotiations with carriers to ensure best possible buy rates (loose and ULD) are secured
Skills / Requirements
- Able to work Tuesday – Saturday, daytime shift
- 3+ years of Airfreight Forwarding experience required, Airfreight Gateway experience preferred
- 1+ years of leadership experience preferred
- DG/Hazmat working knowledge required, certification preferred
- Experience using CargoWise software a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven track record in people management role (leadership, motivation and people skills)
- Strong problem-solving mentality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Outlook and Word)
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role