Job Title: Air Export Gateway Operations Specialist-Part Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
As an Air Export Gateway Operations Specialist – Part Time you will be responsible for the movement of our customer’s air export shipments by performing activities in the gateway operations.
Required work days and hours :Wednesday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Coordinate and ensure timely bookings with airline
- Scheduled and monitors handling of incoming and outgoing consolidations and or shipments, and disposition of consolidations.
- Prepares export documentation, including entry into computer operations program, in accordance to country requirements
- Preparation of Certificate of Origin, Cargo Manifest, NAFTA Certificate, AWB, ITAR, Hazardous Material, Perishable, and any other documents as needed
- Compliant filing of AES (automated export system) with US customs
- Ongoing communication with feeder stations and overseas offices in regards to shipment movement
Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required work schedule Wednesday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html