Position Description Summary
- Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments.
- Review contracts for required clauses and identify omissions.
- Provide customer support at the desk level to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents and government agencies to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- Select carrier to be used for shipment and prepare documents for carrier.
- Prepare spot price quotations for branch air export departments upon request
- Route and book air export traffic
- Communicate daily with branch air export staff to resolve shipment discrepancies
- Prepare gateway consolidation files
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required airline documentation for a consolidation
- Consolidate cargo to achieve the best net cost and benefit to the company (ULD building, Density and volume mix etc’)
- Rate airline MAWBs correctly taking advantage of special contracts.
- Manage work load to ensure readiness and delivery of cargo and documentation to the airline by the flight cutoff
- Perform track and trace functions and update files with events and “flown as booked” information
- Initiate airline claim process for damaged and lost cargo as needed
- Negotiate spot rates with airlines
- Help research and resolve operational problems
- Other duties as assigned The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge & Skills
- This is an intermediate level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Generally prefer 1-2 years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
401(k), Dental, Direct Deposit, Holidays, Medical, Vision
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta