We have an exciting opportunity for anAIR EXPORT AGENTwith excellent communication and customer service skills. Accuracy and timely movement of freight and information is a key component for this position. This position will be based at ourRaleigh Durhamlocation.
- Completes coordination between all applicable parties for all air export shipments for our customers; ensures timely bookings with airline on customer behalf
- Prepares export documentation, including entry into Cargo Wise TMS, in accordance to country requirements as well as the preparation of Certificate of Origin, Cargo Manifest, NAFTA Certificate, Airway Bill and any other documents required by the customer
- Compliant filing of AES (automated electronic system) export customs
- Responsible for timely completion of export documents and coordinate with both customer and/or warehouse for timely delivery of cargo
- Communicates regularly with customer in regards to customer’s shipment status as well as continuous communication with overseas to meet delivery commitments; follow-up with airline to monitor and track departure and arrival information and updates
- Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timeframe consistent with company policy.
- Ensure customer profiles are accurate and updated
- Meet all KPI’s assigned and audited by the Control Tower
Skills / Requirements:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Air freight industry experience preferred
- Logis Air / Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus