“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Air Export Agent will support in all phases of international airfreight shipping, including receipt of bookings, file creation, the scanning of documents, the scheduling of pickups, the filing of export declarations, processing of international airway bills and billing. Agent will receive training on TSA, Hazardous Materials, and Customs requirements. Agent must ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service in a team environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday 11am-8pm PST
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
- Deliver accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Air Export Files and reporting
- Use Electronic Work Flow for prioritization of shipment processing
- Send arrival notices to overseas offices and customers
- Answer status questions from out international offices and clients by phone and email
- Process accurate and timely client and vendor billing.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Airline carriers, trucking companies and others involved).
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Follow all customer standard operating procedures in place and updated in the DLSOPs
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary.
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
- Complete mandatory training as required
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing with integrity and pride.
- Expeditors training and company policies.
- Expeditors services, systems and procedures
- IATA Hazardous Materials Training
- IATA Certification (preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Fluent in English, Foreign Languages useful for international communication.
- Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
Education and Experience:
- 6 months to 1 year of related experience/ or training; or equivalent
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program