The Accounting Supervisor leads and manage the Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables processes, including receiving, deposit and recording of ACH/Wires ensuring Customers’ payments are posted timely and ensuring our Service Provider’s invoices are entered in our system so they can be paid on time.
- Ensure EFTs received and recorded – within one business day of receipt.
- Ensure SharePoint table with deposit number – Daily.
- Ensure payables are entered daily.
- Ensure our service provider’s statements are reconciled weekly.
- Work with operations on End of the month process.
Training & Personnel Development
- Comply with the 52 hours training per year (4.33 per month).
- Complete all mandatory training timely.
- Timely & Valuable Performance Reviews, 1:1’s & PDP every 12 months.
- All team members to complete 52 hours training per year (4.33 per month).
- All team members to complete all mandatory training timely.
Administration & Personnel Management
- Exemplify and Teach Our Culture, Mission and Goals.
- Follow the 10 Critical Success Factor.
- Own your self-development. Prepare, follow-up and execute on your personal development goals.
- Support in establishing a structure to cover the department’s needs, taking into account future growth.
- Understand and implement the company controls, policies, procedures, processes, applications, tools, and systems.
- Ensure that the department is properly staffed, structured, and organized to avoid work overload, delegate activities with proper guidance and training, and interview regularly.
- Manage and monitor internal service execution within the Centralized Team.
- Being a point of escalation for issues related to electronic payments received sent by customers.
- Ensure oversight, including self-assessments and daily monitoring so that issues are resolved at the root cause level.
- Ensure that accounting staff meets their labor schedules and report on time the payroll to the administrative area.
- Build healthy cross-functional relationship. Ensure a healthy work environment, promote team spirit and cohesiveness in the department as well as working together with other teams.
- Participate on initiatives and projects of the accounting team and communicate to Operations.
- Participate in meetings that can support the projects and initiatives at every level for the Centralized team operation and metrics.
- Complete timely and valuable Performance Reviews & PDP every 12 months and 1:1s every 3 months
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Daily monitor EFT Table in SharePoint for unposted payments.
- Ensure daily post for deposits on accounting system for EFT payments when valid remittance detail is available. Approve based on proper backup uploaded on deposit journal for deposits entered by agents.
- Monitor the payables and Service Provider’s payments.
- Manage end of the month activities. Branch Reserves.
- Ensure that collections are done timely based on agreed payment terms.
- Work with CHQ on establishing credit for Customers.
- Escalate problems or concerns to District Manager.
- Understand and comply with company internal controls, specifically the Financial Process Control Documentation.
- Promote compliance and diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity.
- Maintain highest compliance levels for all applicable accounting requirements.
To be the most effective in this position we are looking for the following skills and experience
- Accounting background preferred
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to learn accounting processes and procedures.
- Customer Satisfaction oriented.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate written and oral communication and presentations.
- Basic time management skills and attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to complete work within standard procedures, guidelines and office policies.
- Self-driven personality.
- Computer skills, including data entry and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (intermediate level Excel skills preferred).
- Hands-on user skills with Expeditors’ applications as needed.
- Teamwork oriented
- Commitment to exemplify Expeditors’ culture at all times.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Austin