Provide accounting leadership and ensure appropriate controls over defined lines of business for Ingram Micro. The Accounting Manager will be the primary lead for all accounting for logistics services revenue, transportation revenue and expense, and accounts payable with carrier partners. The Accounting Manager performs the duties listed below personally or through delegation to team members. The team will work closely with the commercial and transportation teams to provide financial and accounting guidance.
What are you going to do?
- Lead and execute all month-end close activities and ensure deadlines are met
- Liaison with Corporate Controllership for accounting issues and monthly reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of invoices
- Ensure revenue and cost of goods sold are properly accounted for based on GAAP
- Ensure all expenses are properly recorded and / or accrued
- Review and approve all journal entries created by direct reports for completeness and accuracy
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy and completeness (including follow-up of open items for resolution in the following month for all accounts)
- Manage processes involving large volumes of transactional data via Microsoft Access
- Assist in modernizing data access and management processes
- Manage local Accounts Payable for transportation carriers and 3rd party freight audit partner
- Serve as contact person and manage audits in the U.S.
- Develop, implement, and direct processes to ensure compliance with company policies
- Drive process improvements to ensure the company is meeting or exceeding the current and future business requirements
- Establish relationships with external partners and internal groups to provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Provide accurate and insightful reporting around company performance through weekly calls and monthly reporting notes
What are we looking for?
- Ability to manage large volumes of data and manipulate data to produce desired results. Database capabilities strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to train associates on database management and best practices
- Strong analytical and communication skills, comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, and results orientated
- Consistently delivers on commitments, takes initiative, takes responsibility, has a sense of urgency, makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team to obtain high performance
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build key relationships at all levels of the organization and to provide excellent customer service
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management
- Ability to organize and execute multiple tasks at once as defined or directed by management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Can handle constantly changing business needs and organization structure
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Plainfield