Perform a variety of moderately complex clerical accounting functions to ensure accurate, efficient and complete processing of transactions. Model and act in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
What are you going to do?
- Perform accounts payable functions that ensure vendors are paid accurately and on time.
- Provide training to new employees on department procedures and financial systems.
- Monitor all check processing procedures to ensure accuracy and compliance with general accounting principles and department policies and procedures.
- Review processing status of vendor invoices and ensure invoices are processed for payment.
- Distributes work to accounting clerk staff to ensure an efficient and productive work flow.
- Provide assistance on follow-up and consultation with stations and vendors to resolve complex accounts payable or other accounting issues.
- Perform data entry by inputting data from source documents into computer.
- Respond to vendor questions on current invoices, past due invoices and statements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum three to five years related experience.
- Minimum three year industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, senior management, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to analyse moderately complex administrative details and routine Accounting tasks including organizing, preparing and coding documents and preparing summary reconciliations.
- Ability to generate routine to moderately complex reports, charts, and graphs.
- Accurate typing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of U.S. or international currency, weight, volume and distance measurement.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve performance.
- Recommends solutions to common problems.
- Gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Jurupa Valley