Position Overview and Responsibility
- Building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with internal and external Customers.
- Managing shipments throughout the entire sales cycle. Specific duties include utilizing the CRM system to support our sales strategy.
- Customer-centric approach to establish and foster client relationships with shipping customers
- Prospect, qualify, and “sell” appointments for handoff to account executives to close funding/servicing deals
- Assisting your manager or Outside Sales Representative on bids, orders, and projects, as requested.
- Interacting with customers and agents to rate and quote shipments via Air, FTL, LTL, Hot Shot and Line-haul.
- Maintain and grow relationships on Team’s behalf with both existing and new Customers and Carriers.
- Proactively reach out to carriers to source, price, and negotiate.
- Source and secure capacity for time sensitive freight by leveraging multiple sourcing platforms.
- Handle and quickly resolve any issues with customers, Team Branch’s and agents.
- Work with vendor-specific websites to track shipments.
- Monitoring all dashboards to ensure all shipments are moving as planned and status updated accordingly.
- Build a strategy which includes a complete sales process from lead to Customer.
- Follow up on shipments to ensure Customer Team has met Customer expectation.
- Occasionally present product demonstrations to Customers and assist in onboarding.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Possess functional knowledge of regulations and compliance procedures associated with all areas of freight forwarding
- Effective time management skills and ability to multitask required.
- Have experience in multimodal logistics with functional knowledge of TSA, C-TPAT and Hazmat
- Requires high school degree and computer literacy, including Internet usage
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- High attention to detail
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Dallas