Account Representative (Customs Brokerage) – Charlotte – USA
- Serves as the customer service liaison between the Company and the customer
- Processes Custom and OGA (other government agency) entries for clearance of goods into the United States.
- Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargowise and/or AS400 system
- Classifies invoice based on HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule)
- Sends information/document requests to company’s employees, suppliers, service providers and/or U.S. Government agencies as needed.
- Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues affecting customs brokerage
- Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping/reference number
- Ensures compliance with regard to U.S. Government regulatory agencies such as FDA, EPA, FCC, Fish & Wildlife, etc.
- Coordinates shipping details with U.S. Forwarders, Steamship Lines, Airlines, Agents, etc.
- Convert and verify shipment weight, volume and foreign currency
- Maintain communication with customers, carriers and vendors
- Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files
- Assist customers with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
- Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordination of shipments from airline, ocean piers and CFS (container freight station) to customer/consignee destination.
- Review documentation or issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations.
- Must have knowledge of buying/selling rates to ensure profitability
- Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and politely answered
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 3 years experience in customs brokerage or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Agency requirements
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs and OGA clearance of freight
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Work, Access and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that demonstrate a proven ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external customer.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to multi task
- Mathematical skills essential to ensure accuracy in calculations
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Charlotte