Years of Experience Preferred: 3+
Team Worldwide in Baltimore, MD is looking for an experienced Transportation and Logistics Account Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for business and sales development, client retention and revenue generation within the organization.
Team is a worldwide, yet locally-minded business with the resources to offer global control of our clients’ product movement. As a multi-year recipient of the Logistics Management Quest for Quality Award in Freight Forwarding, the Team Worldwide commitment makes every delivery like a trip around the corner—no matter where that corner is.
Who You Are
As an Account Manager, you are skilled in the art of business development, revenue generation, and selling logistics solutions to customers. Your knowledge of the freight forwarding and 3PL industry is broad and you are excited and passionate about business development. You’re someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and always seeking new opportunities to lead sales initiatives. Most importantly, you’re results-driven and you take pride in exceeding your own goals as well as the team’s.
Your subject matter expertise revolves around selling in the following areas
- Air-Domestic, Import, Export, and Charter
- Ocean- Import and Export
- Ground – Full Truckload, Partial, Expedite and LTL
- Ancillary services related to the supply chain industry
As a member of our team, you will play a large role in our business development efforts. You will be expected to generate sales revenue and assist with driving the company’s growth.
- Generate Revenue – Manage a profitable book of business with a personal drive to exceed revenue goals each month. Act instinctively to achieve objectives without direct supervision.
- Personal Goals- Be responsible for a combination of branch accounts, sales management, and personal book of business.
- Business Development- Expand the development of key accounts by penetrating the decision-making hierarchy, enhancing relationships, selling value-added solutions and raise the visibility of Team Worldwide within the total supply chain of the organization.
- Develop and implement sales plans concentrating within the Baltimore, MD and surrounding areas.
- Have Client Focus- Effectively manage urgent client and management requests in a timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers with a focus on relationship building and collaboration.
- Negotiate – Superior decision-making, problem-solving and negotiation skills. Create effective proposals and be proficient in presenting and pricing client RFQ requests.
- Generate Leads – You’re highly motivated and self-driven. Work independently to identify, develop and enhance sales opportunities in assigned territories. Generate and manage a detailed sales pipeline via CRM from prospect origination to valued long-term client. Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calls, business meetings, email, and networking.
- Client Interaction – Demonstrate in-depth industry knowledge with the ability to identify, anticipate, understand and respond to client needs promptly. Utilize information to make relevant recommendations to win, maintain and develop client relationships.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of international and domestic logistics and cargo transportation sales experience desired.
- Outside business-to-business sales management experience highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Established presence in the marketplace preferred.
- Proven sales track record in business development.
- Must be willing to travel as required by the client and corporate needs.
- Some after hours or weekend work as required by client demands and/or seasonality typical to transportation.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.