Are you an energetic and self-driven individual? Do you enjoy strengthening and building customer relationships? If so, an Account Manager position might be right for you! As a Global Forwarding Account Manager, you’ll be a trusted logistics advisor to companies around the world, providing transportation solutions to support their supply chain needs. With a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services, a global technology platform, and the support of a broad network of supply chain experts, you will have the tools and resources you need to help your customers optimize their supply chain. You’ll proactively reach out to key stakeholders within your customers’ organizations, identify and sell innovative solutions and services to drive continuous improvement and help our customers work smarter. You’ll solve challenging customer issues and provide an overall exceptional customer experience.
We are looking for a driven, forward-thinking individual who will manage a select group of accounts, build strong relationships, and establishing your credibility as a trusted advisor. You will be empowered to manage and grow existing accounts by bringing forth new services or modes and/or expanding on existing services offered, with a focus on increasing efficiency, adding value and maximizing profitability through the account’s supply chain. Applicants MUST have a least 1 year of Global Forwarding or Account Management experience within the logistics industry.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice (after training). We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Knoxville where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers. For training purposes, we are ensuring proper social distancing and face masks be worn at all times while in our offices.
- Build and grow relationships at multiple levels within the customer’s organization
- Use effective negotiation and sales strategies during solution pricing and selling discussions with the customer
- Develop an effective strategy for uncovering and progressing opportunities to create efficiencies, drive continuous improvement, and sell C.H. Robinson’s service offerings
- Leverage analytics and market intelligence to design strategic solutions and help customers solve their supply chain challenges
- Provide solution design and collaborate on creating business reviews through face-to-face customer meetings
- Understand industry market trends, competition, products, services and pricing that may have an impact on your customers
- Conduct consistent customer reviews to stay informed on business and industry changes
- Deliver a positive customer experience through proactive communication, leading sensitive conversations and providing timely responses
- Collaborate and build trusting relationships with your teammates across C.H. Robinson
- Collaborate on creating business reviews and contribute to or lead customer meetings
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- At least 1 year of Global Forwarding or Account Management experience within the logistics industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for sales, and a drive to succeed
- Ability to build and grow customer relationships
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
- Enthusiastic, persistent, and confident approach
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Does this sound like the job for you? Apply today and let’s talk!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.