The Account Manager, Freight Brokerage is a key operational role for the DSV Road Inc. freight brokerage branches. They are responsible for ensuring and providing timely workflow tools and information including pricing approvals, negotiating with transportation providers to obtain the best rates and services, and troubleshooting any issues that may be escalated to them by the Carrier Sales team members. They are responsible for managing the branch’s house accounts, while continuously seeking out additional growth opportunities with clients.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Negotiates with transportation carriers and providers to obtain, set rates and determine services available.
- Measures and monitors carrier’s service levels to ensure benchmarking is tracked within the VFT (Visual Freight Tracking) system.
- Provides direction and sets pricing guidelines for Carrier Sales team.
- Researches and determines growth opportunities within the branch’s house accounts.
- Prepares and distributes “load-build” reports for customers and carriers.
- Works directly with customers on the receipt and processing of transportation requirement requests.
- Assists in the training of Carrier Sales team members.
- Acts as a next level reviewer for troubleshooting errors and/or issues.
- Proactively handles customer shipment routing requests.
- Utilizes various transportation software systems to facilitate material movement, planning, and scheduling.
- Tracks and traces shipments from pickup through delivery to ensure accurate and up-to-date shipment information is being provided to customers.
- Ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded by completing accurate and timely scheduling/dispatching of trucks and rail cars.
- Other duties and project work as assigned by manager
Minimum required qualifications
Education / Experience
- High School diploma.
- 2 years’ experience in logistics, transportation brokerage, or related field.
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with transportation management systems.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Position requires strong mathematical skills for pricing and negotiating.
- Superior leadership, planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Preferred skills & qualifications
- College degree in Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Previous management experience.
- 5 years’ industry experience.
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ San Francisco