- Salary offer ▵ $75,000 - $85,000 p/a
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiates with transportation carriers and providers to obtain, set rates and determine services available.
- Measures and monitors carrier’s service levels to ensure benchmarking is tracked within the VFT (Visual Freight Tracking) system.
- Provides direction and sets pricing guidelines for Carrier Sales team.
- Researches and determines growth opportunities within the branch’s house accounts.
- Prepares and distributes “load-build” reports for customers and carriers.
- Works directly with customers on the receipt and processing of transportation requirement requests.
- Assists in the training of Carrier Sales team members.
- Acts as a next level reviewer for troubleshooting errors and/or issues.
- Proactively handles customer shipment routing requests.
- Utilizes various transportation software systems to facilitate material movement, planning, and scheduling.
- Tracks and traces shipments from pickup through delivery to ensure accurate and up-to-date shipment information is being provided to customers.
- Ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded by completing accurate and timely scheduling/dispatching of trucks and rail cars.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma.
- 2 years’ experience in logistics, transportation brokerage, or related field.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with transportation management systems.
- Position requires strong mathematical skills for pricing and negotiating.
- Superior leadership, planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- College degree in Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Previous management experience.
- 5 years’ industry experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Able to travel as needed up to 5%
- Payment frequency ▵ Annual
- Salary currency ▵ USD
- Job town/city ▵ Atlanta