The Global Forwarding Warehouse Operations Manager will manage a 160,000+ square foot warehouse in Des Plaines, IL.The Operations Manager will be responsible for the development and management of warehouse personnel and execution of all Global Forwarding services that are handled within this facility.
- Operational execution for all services required of C. H. Robinson Customers
- Conducts analysis of workload as compared to manpower and equipment.
- Profitability management for all services
- Ensures work schedules in place to promote efficiency.
- Employee staffing projections.
- Reviews all equipment preventative maintenance schedules and work orders.
- Develops daily productivity tracking by employee and charts monthly progress.
- Develop and prepare appropriate metrics evaluating branch performance in the areas of inventory accuracy, production yield, and service level agreements
- Effective at containing costs & managing to a budget
- Management of Operations, QA/QC Manager, Logistics, all shipping and receiving
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
- Ensures meetings are held reviewing warehouse issues.
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any other pertinent company
- Perform gap analysis on all warehouse standard operating procedures
- Development of operational management statistics to document and evaluate branch performance on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Participates in department and company meetings.
- Assumes responsibilities of Operational Supervisors/Managers on vacation.
- Work closely with Facility Safety and Compliance Specialist to ensure compliance with the CCSF Security Program
- Minimum of 5 years of Warehouse Supervision experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Computer skills: specifically with Excel
- Strong statistical and math skills
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.