We are UPS, the world’s largest package delivery company and more than 500,000 UPSers face the logistical challenges of our time every day. Placing the customer first, being people led and driving innovation is our formula for success in an ever-changing world.
Future You performs financially as the UK Country Finance Manager at our office in Nuneaton. You will drive financial reporting, planning & analysis for a £1B business unit with more than 8,000 employees, as well as consolidating information for our UK, Ireland and Nordics district.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- A fast-paced working environment in the engine room of the global economy
- First-class opportunities for career progression – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy’
- Excellent benefits package including bonus, car allowance, company pension, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple), cinemas and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
- Flexibility as to your work location.
What you’ll do:
- Support profitable growth in our UK Express Courier business
- Understand the value drivers in our business and communicate the financial aspects as a member of our UK pricing committee
- Collaborate cross functionally to design and execute growth and efficiency initiatives
- Lead the team that owns the financial planning, analysis and reporting process
- Develop challenging but achievable annual business plans
- Develop actionable business insights from financial analysis, and maintain a rolling forecast of volume, revenue and expense
- Maintain a strong financial control environment and execute corrective action plans when necessary
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required (MBA preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial management position
- 5+ years’ technical commercial F&A skills
- CIMA/ACCA preferred but we will support training if you can demonstrate the necessary technical skills
- Proven strategic planning experience at management level
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. We have become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.