We are UPS Supply Chain Solutions, the World’s leading Shipping & Logistics Company. We are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our Warehouse Department in Coventry.
As a Warehouse Supervisor for UPS SCS you will contribute to a high quality warehouse support function ensuring the service is responsive to depot and customer needs.
Purpose of the Job
- Management of the day to day running of the warehouse team circa 40 staff
- Yard control organisation of arriving and departing vehicles, vehicles overnighting in the yard, storage of pallets and other equipment in the yard
- Performance Management to ensure clients KPIs are achieved, reporting on variances, implementing corrective actions where necessary
- Organising training of staff, recognising potential in employees and finding opportunities for employees to advance
- Facility Audits, Security, Health & Safety, MHE license compliance
- Health & Safety training, implementing and adhering to company policy and procedures, timely reporting of accidents, injuries and other incidents
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment; MHE, IT etc.
- Ensure UPS complies with all UK Warehouse legislation
What you’ll do
- Daily monitor of inbound and outbound order flows, ensure cut off times are adhered to, that all orders which need to depart have been shipped
- Monitor of arriving and departing vehicles, ensure delivery slots are maintained, proactively monitor collections to ensure on-time delivery
- Enforcing Health & Safety policy and procedure
- Enforcing site inductions to all workforce
- Preparing and giving PCMs as well as other feedback to the workforce
- Workforce planning; arrange staff rota, work shift patterns & using systems data to build forecasts
- Ensure inventory cycle counting routine is maintained
- Ensure UPS assets and equipment are deployed effectively and maintained to appropriate standards
- Escalation point for customers both internal & external
- Present customer performance review calls and face to face meeting/QBRs
- Travel to various UPS locations for training or assistance
- Prepare forecasts for warehouse costs ensure these are maintained, report on vacancies
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Salary
- Location – Coventry
- Work-life balance
- Full industry leading training
- UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Proven supervisory experience in the Logistics/Warehouse industry
- Experience with transport and distribution operations
- Able to safe manage in order to provide results and excellent levels of customer satisfaction
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Sound commercial understanding and judgement
- IT literate; particularly MS Excel & Word
- Self-motivated and innovative