Hellmann Worldwide Logistics is looking for experienced contract logistics sales professionals to join our North America team. Hellmann is a leading global logistics company focused on providing quality freight service and innovative logistics solutions.
About Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
Since 1871 Hellmann has been a leader in full-service logistics around the globe. Four generations later, Hellmann is still a family owned company with deep-seated F.A.M.I.L.Y. values that drive our corporate philosophy and stands as the highest maxim of our entrepreneurial spirit. Our guiding principle of sustainability based on the three pillars of economy, ecology and social matters plays a central role in how we lead and take responsibility for our employees, customers, partners and the environment. At Hellmann, bigger is not better, Better is Better.
Why work at Hellmann
· Excellent opportunities for career growth
· Outstanding earnings potential – salary + commission
· Industry leading and affordable benefits package
· Generous paid time off benefits
· Great culture with strong family values and a collaborative work environment
· Direct access to senior leadership
What we are looking for
· A passion for sales and building long-term relationships with our customers
· Excellent communication skills
· Solid knowledge of freight forwarding principles
· Proven track record of new business development
· Knowledge of healthcare, automotive, oil & gas verticals strongly desired
· Strategic and consultative mindset that delivers logistical solutions to our customers
What you will do
· Prospect for new accounts, via telemarketing, direct mail, personal solicitation etc.
· Targets account acquisition (minimum 30 qualified targets per quarter)
· Develop new business strategies, conduct market analysis, and develop new and improved methods
for selling Hellmann products.
· Build relationships with qualified leads.
· Provide input to management to respond to changing market conditions, to improve internal
efficiency and maximize results.
· Develop marketing tools such as rate and tariff books.
· Perform maintenance of accounts to establish standards and ensure the customer is pleased with the
Hellmann customer service/operations.
· Assist in overseas campaigns and overseas visitors’ requirements.
· Obtain rates for all Hellmann products and ensure all bids are sent in a timely fashion to Tender
Management for proper completion.
· Prepare client quotations and presentation of proposals.
· Maintain client records by complete upload of information into CRM-Helios.
· Prepare and send sales reports as per company guidelines (i.e. Weekly Sales Call Report, CRM-
Helios Target Data)
What you will need
· 5+ years of successful sales experience in freight forwarding, logistics or transportation industry
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study. Equivalent combination of
education and work experience considered.
· Organized and strategic planner
· Critical thinker with the ability to develop territory sales plans
· Proficiency with sales automation and customer relationship management tools
· Proficiency with MS Office, expert proficiency with presentation tools and XX
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to travel > 50% domestically and internationally with overnight stays
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties or requirements. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. Hellmann is an equal opportunity employer. Hellmann does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other characteristic protected by law.