Full Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Specialist to support Transportation Management and Trade Operations for inbound material supply and outbound customer orders at one of our largest strategic DGF customers with a complex supply chain. This position will be based at the customer location in Elgin, IL.
- Assist with planning, executing, and delivering both Domestic and International orders to customers
- Manage and oversee work across the supply chain to plan outbound customer order activity
- Ensure customer meets Customer Requested Ship Dates and customer monthly and quarterly shipping targets
- Utilize Systems and Data to enable exports
- Partner with Freight Forwarder to transport orders to customers
- Assist with initiatives to improve current operations
- Ensures compliance of customer’s business requirements
- Develop the Customer relationship with key individuals within the Customer’s Logistics Organization
- Deep understanding of the customers’ business, systems and processes
Skills / Requirements
- US Exports – Knowledge of US Exports – Customs invoices, Export declaration (ACE), Incoterms, ECCN, Product licensing, Export screening, Product HTS classification, Country of origin, Document legalization, SLI, Letter Credit terms, Record Keeping, and Transaction post auditing
- Planning – Understanding of planning and executing to the business priority to achieve Ship Goals. Requires coordination with supply chain teams and excellent cross-functional communication
- Execution – Good knowledge of US domestic and international logistics, freight forwarder operations, domestic trucking, and basic shipping practices
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 2 years’ experience with Exports
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Must be Dangerous Goods certified and/or very knowledgeable (certification preferred).
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.