We have an exciting opportunity for a CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST to engage on multiple levels of customer interaction, as well as work in a team of employees that serve as a single point of contact to top tier, strategic DGF customer. This position will be based at our Philadelphia Station located in Sharon Hill, PA.
- Support account / business relationship at all day-to-day operational levels with key customer
- Participate in scheduled weekly customer meetings to discuss performance.
- Provide DGF stations support with visibility to better manage the flow of goods, materials and data between multiple origins and destinations to drive operational efficiencies through tactical execution aligned with product best practice
- Drive tactical / operational performance against agreed customer SOW
- Work with stations to provide root cause analysis and corrective action for operational irregularities
- Work closely with OEC management team to ensure harmonized product roll-out and end-to-end solution delivery (origin & destination)
- Work closely with OEC management team to ensure proper supply/demand planning for seasonal business peaks
- BS/BA preferred
- 3-7 years’ experience in freight forwarding including expert knowledge of air and ocean operations
- Knowledge on US import and export regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Highly organized, results driven and detail oriented
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL
, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL
offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL
. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF’s logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop
floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers’ increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL
, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.