Due to increased business DSV Road Ltd, Purfleet are looking for a Freight Forwarder with focus on Customer Service to our international transport department.
The person we are looking for must be enthusiastic about our business and the freight industry, have a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality.
The successful candidate, who will be reporting to the department supervisor, will be working as support for the export trailer planners and in close cooperation with our offices across Europe while servicing UK customers.
The applicant must be proactive, organised and punctual, engaged and motivated as well as a good attention to detail.
We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled team and interested in providing an excellent service to all customers of DSV.
Main purpose of Job
The main part of the job is to arrange export collections for our UK based customers as well as supporting the export planners with various task such as checking deliveries, instructing our customs department to issue customs documents + other administrational tasks.
- Timely and effective communication with Customers, partners and internal departments via e-mail/telephone.
- Updating / verifying the DSV Order Management System with customer booking details.
- Liaise with Operations and overseas offices to ensure customer commitments are delivered upon.
- Effective monitoring to ensure deliveries are completed within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure that all Collection consignments are conforming to correct information.
- Pro-active problem solving with customers and colleagues when issues arise.
- Ensure consignments are rated correctly in order to Invoice in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provision of PODs to meet customer requirements where necessary.
- Provide KPI and reports both externally and internally where required
- Resolve Credit Management Queries where necessary.
- General Day to Day administrative duties.
What we can offer you
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- A chance to work in a busy international business environment
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
- Potential yearly bonus based on company result and attendance
ABOUT DSV CAREERS
Do you want to be part of something 56,000 times bigger than you?
That’s how many colleagues you’ll have on a journey towards connecting the world and making your mark.
We believe that people are able to achieve their potential if they take ownership of their own career. That’s why we’ll give you every opportunity to do just that.
People are at the core of who we are – the drive, talent and devotion they bring to the table every day are what make DSV the exciting place it is. It’s a dynamic and fast-moving environment with rapid decisions at every level – where ambition meets teamwork in an effort to face challenges, succeed, move forward and make a difference. We care about your opportunity to influence the path of your career, whether you want to advance locally or look for adventures abroad. With a massive global reach and offices in more than 80 countries, the opportunities are plenty.
If you have the right drive, the right talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore the reach of your potential.
We are freight forwarders, salespeople, accountants, forklift drivers, IT engineers, specialists and countless others – and we all made the choice to forward our careers.
Join us and forward your career at DSV.
- Freight Forwarding: 1 year (preferred)
- Transport and Logistics: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)