Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
We are looking for an experienced person to work in a Global Logistic Company. The position will be in our Ocean Department handling both Imports and Exports of FCL and LCL freight movements. The candidate must have previous Global Freight & Logistics background. The candidate must also be is very customer focused and be able to follow processes, be able to work off their own initiative to resolve issues as well as being part of a team which is extremely grounded and hard working. You would be responsible for your own customers as well as backup for existing customers to cover holidays.
- Dealing with internal and external customer queries in a professional and timely manner on the phone.
- Liaising effectively between various UPS Departments.
- Preparing of export documentation for packages.
- Liaising with Customs regarding documentation and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Investigating and reporting to the Centre or customer to assist with query resolution.
- Meeting set targets and any additional tasks on a daily basis.
Key Skills and Experience
- Ocean Import & Export experience (LCL, FCL and Cross Trade beneficial)
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Be able to work under pressure
- Microsoft Word & Excel skills are essential
- Import /Export documentation
- Complete import / export documentation
- Liaise directly with customers, trucking partners and our overseas offices
- Arranging bookings for FCL and LCL shipments
- Handle and process customs clearance
- Organizing deliveries and scanning relevant paperwork
- Rating files from Quotations
- Follow procedures
- Meet the department KPI’s
- Essential – Customer Service experience to build relationships with key customers
- Knowledge of Importer Security Filing (ISF), Power of Attorney (POA) and Letter of Credit (LC).