Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• You will obtain all the required to obtain documentation, information from the Warehouse Keeper, Owner of the goods and or the Exporter Prior to the movement starting
• Be responsible for the accurate preparation, completion, Emcs Export & Import documentation
via third party bespoke software or Government Portal
• Communicating / Emailing the various documentation to Clients, Warehouse Keepers, Hauliers, Agents
• Prepare and complete all data input accurate information within our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’,
• Accurately calculate Invoice Sales, within on our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’,
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Clients, Warehouse Terminal personnel,
• Assist the Manager – Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport in the training and support of new Employees in the role of Logistics Coordinator,
• The prompt communication of problems, in particular emergency situations in accordance with established Emergency Response Procedures,
• Attend both offsite & onsite training courses arranged by the company to build up you own knowledge and experience.
• This will often involve you working out-of-office hours, evenings, and weekends as per our department rota system or directed by the department Manager / Director,
• Updating & invoicing jobs to clients
• Ensuring our operating system ‘Datafreight. Net’ is updated in a timely manner
• Completing customer care responses within the required timescale
• Ability to work to strict timescales in a fast-paced environment.
• Dealing with any internal & external account queries
• To maintain good and effective working relationships with the Manager – Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport , members of the local office staff team, members of the Newport 24-hour Emcs support team & work colleagues at other offices,
• Take reasonable care of your own health, safety and well-being, that of your work colleagues and other personnel who may be affected by your actions or omissions,
• Be responsible for promptly reporting accidents, ‘near miss’ incidents, dangerous occurrences and unsafe working practices to the Director as per established Company health and safety procedures,
• Communication of any updated local information received to the Manager – Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport .
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when requested by your Manager – Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport .
Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
You will only be considered to be a Logistics Coordinator either –
1. After having served a minimum of one full year in the industry in an equivalent position, or after having proved your competency as a Logistics Coordinator with the Company.
The job holder should have either experience, understanding or qualification in the following –
• Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and within a close-knit operational team,
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
• Be able to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail,
• Be self-disciplined, reliable, and capable of working to set time frames, often out-of-office hours.
Key challenges and Targets:
• Absolute reliability to complete all documentation to the highest possible standard, unattended and unsupervised.
• To think rationally and act promptly when faced with unexpected problems which require urgent attention,
• As you to grow in experience to continue your education by taking part in Hmrc or third party training studies / Course,
• To take every opportunity to learn as much as possible about different types of HMRC Procedures & comply with latest HMRC Procedures in relation to Emcs & Export,
• To develop a good understanding of all contacts in the commercial chain.
Internal: Manager – Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport, Logistics Team members, Assistant Manager, Senior Ships Agents & Trainee Ships Agents.
External: Clients, Warehouse Keepers, Ship’s Masters and crew, port authority and terminal staff, other port service providers.